Bloxes

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bloxes are nifty “modular adult-sized building blocks.” They are actually interlocking cardboard boxes that can be used to build things such as furniture.

They’re not exactly inexpensive, and shipping takes a while. Instead of ordering bloxes, I decided to prototype my own on paper just for fun. This design might require some modification for use with cardboard (in particular, I’m sure you could figure out how the original design works and apply it to your project).

If you have the resources, go ahead and roll your own cardboard modules. As usual, it’s easier said than done…

1. Aviva says:

we do have a trademark on the name. Please use another one. Bloxes are made to order.

-Aviva

1. Jiang says:

Thanks for the heads-up, Aviva. The image has been revised.

1. Atwas911 says:

*rolls eyes*

BUT THATS OURS!

*jumps up and down stomping feet and screaming like a pissed off Rumpelstiltskin*

2. LOLOLOL Bloxes PR Trolls. Looks like I won’t be buying anything from those guys.

1. Jiang says:

Now that might be a bit unfair… the kid within me thinks that it’s an awesome invention and the Bloxes guys deserve all the credit and revenue. You can tell, because I took the trouble to imitate it ;)

3. shguro says:

Hey, do someone know how i could stamping these things by own. I realy like these “Bloxes” but 3€ for the original one are too much. But cutting these is to much work.

1. Jiang says:

I suppose you could CNC these using a cutting plotter or laser cutter if you don’t want to invest in a die-cutting setup; it would still take a bit of time, but at least you would not be doing it by hand… if you have access to these tools.

1. shguro says:

Okay i will first try it with a frit saw, but i think i must make later a laser cutter or something else.